- Color – yellow
- Sanskrit Name – Manipura (Sanskrit: मणिपूर, Maṇipūra), called “city of jewels”, is the third primary chakra according to Hindu tradition.
- Physical Location – solar plexus
- Symbol – Manipura is represented by a downward pointing red triangle, the fire region, within a bright yellow circle, with 10 dark-blue or black petals, like heavily laden rain clouds. The triangle has a t-shaped swastika on each of its sides. The fire region is represented by the god Vahni, who is shining red, with 4 arms, holding a rosary and a spear, and making the gestures of granting boons and dispelling fear. He is seated on a ram, the animal that represents this chakra. The ten petals are dark-blue or black, like heavily laden rainclouds, with the syllables dda, ddha, nna, ta, tha, da, dha, na, pa, and pha upon them in a dark-blue colour. They correspond to the vrittis of spiritual ignorance, thirst, jealousy, treachery, shame, fear, disgust, delusion, foolishness and sadness.
- Sound RAM
- Purposes – mental understanding of emotional life
- Spiritual Lesson – acceptance of your place in the life stream. (self-love)
- Physical Dysfunctions- stomach ulcers, intestinal tumors, diabetes, pancreatitis, indigestion, anorexia/bulimia, hepatitis, cirrhosis, adrenal imbalances, arthritis, colon diseases
- Mental and Emotional Issues – self esteem, fear of rejection, oversensitivity to criticism, self-image fears, fears of our secrets being found out, indecisiveness
- Information Stored Inside Sacral Chakra – personal power, personality, consciousness of self within the universe (sense of belonging), knowing
- Area of Body Governed – upper abdomen, umbilicus to rib cage, liver, gallbladder, middle spine, spleen, kidney, adrenals, small intestines, stomach
- Gemstones and Flower Essences Gemstones – Jasper , Golden Topaz, Yellow Tourmaline; Flower Essences – Chamomile, Golden Yarrow, Peppermint
- Herbs – black pepper, goldenseal, oregano,
The third chakra is associated with our will power. The development of this chakra is strongly tied in with the development of the Ego or personality and the degree which the ego asserts its self on the physical plane. Thus those people with strong leadership abilities will have more developed solar plexus chakras than those who simply follow.
Though the sacral chakra governs our emotional states, the energy of the solar plexus chakra determines how this emotional energy is manifested in our personalities. This accounts for the great deal of variance in how different people express the same emotion in different ways.
The beginning manifestation of psychic powers begins at the solar plexus chakra. Once energy has been trans-muted within the body three times beginning at the root chakra; that energy starts to become available to us for practical use. Basic intuition, gut feelings, and hunches are all part of the psychic powers which are governed by this chakra.