If you are interested in keeping healthy and fit, you probably heard of probiotics. Probiotics are live microorganisms that are mostly found in our guts but also in entire human body with different benefits.
Foods high in probiotics are yogurt, kefir, sauerkraut,miso soup, microalgae, naturally fermented pickles and other fermented foods humans have been consuming for thousands of years.
Here is a list 10 proven health benefits of probiotics:
1. Improve digestion
2. Boost immunity
3. Increase resistance to infections
4. Regulate hormones
5. Relieve symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
6. Lowers cholesterol levels
7. Produce vitamins
8. Relieve symptoms of thrush
9. Reduce the risk of certain cancers
10. Reduce symptoms of stress
Important thing to consider is also your intake of prebiotics – foods which feed healthy bacterial. Most beneficial for health is combination of both, first in foods, second as natural supplements.